THANK YOU FOR VISITING THIS WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP CHEF NATHANIAL ZIMET. THIS WEBSITE WILL SERVES AS A CENTRALIZED POSTING FOR BENEFIT EFFORTS GOING ON AROUND THE CITY OF NEW ORLEANS.
As many of you know, Nathanial Zimet (chef/owner of Boucherie and The Cue Crawl), was the victim of an armed robbery attack in the early morning of Sunday, May 22, 2011. He is currently recovering from serious, but non-life threatening gunshot wounds. Although Nathanial is expected to make a full recovery, he faces a hard road ahead. Unfortunately, Nathanial is without health insurance and faces mounting hospital bills. Any bit of support from friends and the community will be the key towards a successful recovery. In a way, the entire community is affected by such a senseless crime and random act of violence. It will be a healing process and this website serves as a means of healing by providing information on what you can do to help. Numerous restaurants around town are offering to donate a form of sales proceeds to Nathanial’s Fund and attending these restaurant events will help us all in the road to recovery, but most of all it will help our dear friend Nathanial. Any benefits that are organized will be posted here as well. Please see details below for the primary benefit, BEASTS & BRASS, taking place on Sunday, July 10 @ The Howlin’ Wolf. Incredible thanks to all those helping to make the benefit happen, especially Howie Kaplan with The Howlin’ Wolf.
Nathanial has given so much to this community by means of participating in various fundraisers throughout the years. He has donated his time, energy and amazing food to these events because he believes in giving back to the community, he believes in New Orleans. It is time we help Nathanial in this critical time of need.
*PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR DAILY UPDATES.*
IF YOU WOULD LIKE US TO POST A NOTICE ABOUT YOUR RESTAURANT OR BUSINESS’ EFFORTS TO DONATE SALES PROCEEDS, PLEASE EMAIL THE INFO TO BENEFIT4NATHANIAL@GMAIL.COM SO WE CAN SPREAD THE WORD.
- BEASTS & BRASS :: A BENEFIT FOR CHEF NATHANIAL ZIMET ~ JULY 10, 2011 @ THE HOWLIN’ WOLF. For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit www.benefit4nathanial.eventbrite.com. If you would like to participate, please email email@example.com.
- BEERS NOT BULLERS BENEFIT – JUNE 24, 2011 – NOLA BREWING COMPANY – For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit www.beersnotbullets.eventbrite.com.
HERE’S A LIST OF CURRENT RESTAURANTS, CHEFS & BUSINESSES DONATING A FORM OF THEIR PROCEEDS:
- THREE MUSES – FROM NOW THRU JULY 1, 2011 - CHEF DANIEL ESSES WILL DONATE 100% OF PROCEEDS FROM HIS DISH: EDEN FARMS PORK BELLY- Braised in NOLABrew’s Brown Ale w/ Peach Relish & Scallion Pancakes. YUM! 536 Frenchmen Street in the Marigny. www.thethreemuses.com
- LA PETITE GROCERY – FROM NOW THRU JULY 1, 2011 – CHEF JUSTIN DEVILLIER & MIA DEVILLIER WILL DONATE 100% OF PROCEEDS FROM THE RESTAURANT’S DISH: ABITA ROOT BEER BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIB with house pickles and fresh herbs. 4238 Magazine Street. For Reservations, please call (504) 891-3377. www.lapetitegrocery.com
- CHEF MICHAEL OF http://www.chefsformammograms.com – THRU JUNE – $5 WILL BE DONATED FOR EVERY 4 BOXES OF LOUISIANA PECAN GRANOLA ORDERED WITH FREE SHIPPING. Visit his website for more info!
- NOLA FOOD DELIVERY WILL BE DONATING A PORTION OF THEIR DELIVERY PROCEEDS FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS (maybe longer!) STARTING SUNDAY, MAY 29, 2011. Check out their website and getcha some take-out food delivered for a good cause: http://nolafooddelivery.com/ Here’s the info on their effort: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=290&uid=137676799608079
- DANTE’S KITCHEN – FROM MAY 22, 2011 – JULY 10, 2011 – $1 FROM EVERY DRINK SOLD WILL BE DONATED. 736 Dante Street in the Riverbend. For Reservations, please call (504) 861-3121. www.danteskitchen.com
RESTAURANTS THAT HAVE PARTICIPATED BY DONATING A PORTION OF THEIR SALES PROCEEDS:
- BRIGTSEN’S RESTAURANT – THURSDAY, MAY 26, 2011 – CHEF FRANK BRIGTSEN DONATED 100% OF WINE BOTTLE SALES PROCEEDS TO THE NATHANIAL J. ZIMET FUND. For Reservations, please call (504) 861-7610. www.brigtsens.com
- PIZZA DELICIOUS – THURSDAY, MAY 26 and SUNDAY, MAY 29 – DONATED 20% OF SALES & 100% OF TIPS. Place you order by calling (504)676-8482. For more info visit http://pizzadelicious.blogspot.com/.
- BOO KOO BBQ (inside Finn McCool’s) – SATURDAY, MAY 28, 2011 – DONATED 50 CENTS ON EVERY FOOD ITEM PURCHASED. 3701 Banks Street in Mid City. www.bookoobbq.com
- TACEAUX LOCEAUX – SATURDAY, MAY 28 and SUNDAY, MAY 29 – DONATED A PORTION OF ALL SALES FROM THEIR TACEAUX TRUCK. Saturday night they will be at Dos Hefes Uptown.
- CURE NEW ORLEANS – SUNDAY, MAY 30, 2011 THRU SUNDAY, JUNE 5, 2011 – PROCEEDS WERE DONATED FROM THEIR PUNCH SALES! 4905 Freret Street.www.curenola.com.
- PARASOLS BAR & RESTAURANT – MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011 – 7pm to 10pm – Proceeds were donated from their bar and food sales!